Tuesday, November 11, 2003

A Final Comment: Matrix: Revolutions

Enough bytes have been sacrificed to the gods of The Matrix in the past few years, so I'm foregoing an actual review and just leaving you with this comment:

Why do all of Neo's conversations with the Oracle sound like every passive-aggressive relationship I've ever had?

Neo: Where is this going? Where does it end?
Oracle: I don't know.
Neo: You don't know or you won't tell me?
Oracle: I told you before, no one can see beyond a choice they don't understand. And I mean no one.
Neo: What choice?
Oracle: It doesn't matter. It's my choice. I have mine to make, same as you have yours.
Neo: Does that include what things to tell me and what not to tell me?
Oracle: Of course not.
Neo: Then why didn't you tell me about the Architect ? Why didn't you tell me about Zion and the Ones before me? Why didn't you tell me the truth?
Oracle: Because it wasn't time for you to know.*

No, I'm not angry. And you know what you did.

* Matrix dialogue taken from this site. You can even get it in German!

(Many thanks to Zcuinte, for the original observation. I'm not an entirely shameless joke stealer.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home