Thursday, September 04, 2003

Not the Onion, But Close

Sometimes, the New York Times comes up with a winner. In today's International section, a headline reads:

Suspense Ends in North Korea: The 'Dear Leader' Is Re-elected

Thank God, because I was truly worried about what good ole Kim would do if he wasn't reelected Chairman of the National Defense Commission. You know, when you think about it, Kim's actually pretty good at that particular gig - sure, the North Koreans are poor and starving (they're illegally crossing into China for a better life, for God's sake), but I think it's safe to say that they won't be invaded in the near future. It looks like the "watch out, I'm crazy and I could do anything" stance works for more than just unpleasant subway encounters.

(Small aside: my favorite NYT headline remains: Study Finds Mothers Unaware Of Children's Sexual Activity. Someone actually funded this study?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home