Wednesday, August 27, 2003

The Doctor is IN

Just got back from the Dean rally in Bryant Park. According to the website, approximately 5,000 people were supposed to show, but I have no idea if that number was accurate. Lots of people, though, most of whom appeared to be between the ages of 18 and 24.

Could Dean be a new Clinton, galvanizing the Gen Y vote and capturing the Democratic nomination? Or is he the new McCain, a straight-talker destined to be beaten by the Democratic Party favorite? Most importantly, can Dean beat Bush?

He thinks he can. And right now, that's enough to get my support.

Well, that, and his fiscally responsible plan for economic recovery, his liberal social values, and his willingness to take on America's crony capitalists. I admit he's still learning in the foreign policy arena, but good grief, could his foreign policy be any worse than the disastrous Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld combination?

I quote Dean: "I will not divide the world into us versus them. Rather, I will rally the world around fundamental principles of decency, responsibility, freedom, and mutual respect. Our foreign and military policy must be about the notion of America leading the world not America against the world."

Why do I love thee, Howard Dean? Because you just plain make sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home